Indoor Air Quality Statistic in Favor of Air Duct Cleaning
Our fellow air duct cleaning professionals in The Greater Washington DC area have put together a collection of facts to help bring attention the importance of maintaining good indoor quality. We hope that you find them as interesting as we did!
by Potomac Services
Like many Americans, I had never heard of air duct cleaning until I had a home and children. Allergies were just something you lived with and I count my blessing that immune issues weren't something I had to deal with. But when my husband's commercial customers were asking our business to help them with Sick Building Syndrome and my brand new baby girl's nose was always running… I learned some interesting facts about indoor air quality. Now I get why going beyond routine cleaning and carpet cleaning is necessary. Air Duct Cleaning, makes a lot of sense to me. So here's some facts and statistics about indoor air quality that help justify air duct cleaning…
- Indoor air pollution is ranked among the top 5 environmental dangers to the public. (EPA)
- The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found to be up to 70'X greater than in outdoor air.
- Studies have shown that 2 out of 3 indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC and Air Duct System.
- 20% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association & EPA)
- Children and the elderly are more susceptible to polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- The average 6-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
Yuck! Kind of makes me want to open all my window 100% of the time. But as the summer heats up or the winter brings in freezing temperatures, this is not always an option. So, I've added air duct cleaning to our home's list of cleaning and breathe a little easier when inside.