Mold Removal and Remediation

Aspen Duct Cleaning Services is certified  for professional mold remediation

Have Mold?

Toxic mold can be a serious health concern, especially if you have mold allergy. Fight back with the expertise of certified professionals to remove mold.

Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).

Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who have mold allergy. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Mold symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.

Mold and mildew can cause health problems

Since mold and mildew can cause health problems, mold and mildew removal is extremely important.

Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive.

There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, water damage is not your only problem–mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture. (EPA)

Aspen Duct Cleaning Services can remove mold from your home or officeget rid of mold in your home or officeRemove mold from your home or office

We offer microbiological mold testing and consulting services.

Mold spores. They're nasty. They're ugly. They affect your health and the way you live. And they could be in every breath you take. The fact is, dust mites, pollen, bacteria, and viruses are invading your home and office, whether you like it or not.

The air in your home contains billions upon billions of small particles that are both visible and invisible. Microscopic pests that can multiply rapidly in your home, causing destruction and threatening your health.

Interpretation Of Results Of Microbiological Testing

By Alexander Robertson IV
Editor's Note: Alexander Robertson, IV , is the managing partner of the Los Angeles law firm Knopfler and Robertson, LLP, a civil litigation practice that specializes in construction defect litigation.

There are no "official" standards or guidelines for fungal or bacterial bioaerosols. Some researchers have expressed an opinion that 100 250 CFU's are acceptable, provided no opportunistic fungi are present. The same range is also used by the U.S. Public Health Service, Federal Employee Occupational Service (Region III). A range of concentrations proposed by the World Health Organization and Health Canada suggests that microbial concentrations below 50 CFU for a single species (other than outdoor common fungi), 150 CFU for a mixture of species reflective of the outdoor air spores, or 500 CFU during the summer for common outdoor fungi (such as Cladosporium) are acceptable. There are other ranges (called background numbers or guidelines) used by organizations such as the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and OSHA.

Since there are no governmental established guidelines to follow regarding airborne fungi, indoor results must be interpreted with respect to the control samples. In general, mechanically ventilated buildings should have indoor fungal counts that are lower than those found outside. In addition, the species found inside should be similar to those identified outside the building. A situation should be considered unusual when the fungal levels inside are an order of magnitude or greater than those found in the outdoor control sample. Further, the presence of any slimy spored toxigenic fungi, such as Stachybotrys chartarum and Fusarium moniliforme, should be considered unusual, and may suggest an indoor contamination source. The consistent detection of some fungi, such as Aspergillus or various species of Penicillium, could indicate water damage and subsequent fungal amplification.